Tuesday, October 16, 2012

In the world of Harper and Madeleine


Sent to me on Jan 25th, 2002. 3:52 am.

Dearest deepest darkest sea
Those nothings which you wrote to me
brought back the smell of salty sun
which the waves had gently spun.

goan greed so bright and pure
goan greed that wants some more
some more of that paradise
and the holiday disguise

the lack of my bikini
in this freezing room
is nature's way of telling me
that I'm back too soon

delhi winter is another fact
the wind has very little tact
but its allowing me to endorse
a new wardrobe for a new cause.

the office looks like a garage
its empty, messy, dead and large
times are changing nervously
and fates are forming purposely.

I wonder what I'm going to do.
I haven't any sort of clue
my future seems too far from now
2 years have passed I don't know how.

the magic beds in my own home
trap me when I am alone
the sun spills onto soft beddings
and the green barbet needs to sing
eucalyptus leaves talk in their sleep
and the wind it sometimes weeps
The guitar has lost its wooden soul
in my heart its left a hole
its strings cut me like a knife
for I am its prodigal wife.
it awaits my uncertain return
meanwhile its useless fire burns.

and harper's gone drunk and tanned
the crowded ship is so unmanned
we'll have to find the secret map
and spread it out upon our laps
find different routes to different lands
but rendezvous on goan sands

your heart, now it must be lighter
and your vision even brighter
i'm glad we caught the setting sun
amidst those days of frantic fun.
I saw the fog lift from your eyes
what doesn't kill you makes you wise
and I can see that you've returned
with battles won and lessons learned.

goodbyes we missed my never mind
another chance we'll have to find.

love and watermelons
skelp

No comments: